Contacting Elected Officials

Elected officials may be contacted via mail, email or fax. You are represented by Assembly Members, Senators and the Governor. Issues may be relevant to some or all of these officials, and any feedback you submit should be relevant to the recipient, i.e. local issues should be sent to local officials, not state officials.

You may find your California representatives, based on your residence address here:  or click here for a list of names and contact information for Assembly Members and Senators who represent the greater Sacramento region.

You may also check the Government Pages of your local telephone book.

Why write to an elected official?
•To support a law, policy or proposed action
•To oppose a law, policy or proposed action
•To share your opinion on an issue prior to election, during the budget process, or when the issue is relevant